We know it is easier to prevent problems than fix them. Nowhere is this more obvious than with children’s teeth. Unbelievably simple steps can prevent cavities, and a scientific reason explains why this is true.
Mouth bacteria can be good or bad. Dominant bacteria are always found in the grooves of molar teeth – so ensure new molars enter a mouth filled with healthy bacteria. This is a simple and natural way to protect your child’s teeth for years.
- Parents hug and kiss their baby, often unaware that cavity germs in their mouths can become the germs that form cavities in baby’s teeth.
- Parents, babysitters and caretakers can use xylitol and my Complete Mouth Care System to clean their mouths ~ preferably before baby is born.
- Babies born by Caesarian lack nature’s protection in their mouths, and can be prone to cavities and thrush. Dissolve 1/8th teaspoon of granular xylitol in ½ oz of water and wipe this over baby’s gums, or on the nipple at feeding.
- Baby molar teeth erupt at the back of the mouth soon after the first birthday – so brush or wipe all toddler teeth with a little xylitol every day
- Whenever tooth cleaning teeth is difficult – let you child enjoy a Zellie Bear ~ especially before bed or naptime or after sugary snacks or juice
- Mothers can breastfeed without fear if they wipe xylitol on their child’s teeth each day. When a mouth is clean of cavity-forming germs, cavities cannot occur.
- Granular xylitol eaten off a spoon may not be as convenient as mints or gum, but it will work just as well and is a way to keep costs of oral health to a minimum. For very young children, or children with chewing problems – this may be a great way to enjoy xylitol.
- Studies show children with bad teeth at 4 years old will usually have bad teeth for life – and they also show that the reverse is true!
- Kids often take a water bottle to class – so dissolve a teaspoon of xylitol in this to protect your kids from cavities during the vulnerable school years
- The more fillings your child has, the more X rays he or she will require to supervise them, year after year…..
- Snacking at night, or drinking juice or soda, can wreck havoc on teeth. Zellies Mints and Gum provide help for teeth – plus they are delicious!
- Braces make tooth cleaning difficult, but the Zellies Complete Mouth Care System and xylitol will help teeth stay healthy and prevent scarring and spots.
- Toothbrushes get infected, especially if you travel in hotels. Disinfect brushes with Listerine, rinse, and store so the brush dries between uses.
The sooner you start the sooner you can enjoy the wonder and beauty of clean, white and healthy teeth! Xylitol is your family’s friend for oral health.
For more information, please visit all of Dr. Ellie’s web-sites:
Dr. E Oral Health Coaching – a number of articles, resources and videos to help you learn more
Zellies.com – learn more and order your Zellies Xylitol & the Complete Mouth Care System
Dr. Ellie.com – a great resource for learning more about oral health and Dr. Ellie
And join the conversation online on the Zellies Facebook page!