Yesterday, the dentist noticed a small hole, (not a cavity) in a tooth about 1mm in size.
He’s not sure of the reason for it.
He plans on putting a sealeant on it since he feels it’s too deep for remineralizing.
Do you agree? Or is it possible to up the amount of Xylitol and ACT and achieve a good outcome?
I am not in any position to diagnose from a computer screen.
On the other hand what is the danger of waiting a few months?
You had a cavity that most dentists would want to fill ASAP and it disappeared.
There should be no harm in waiting 6 months providing you are doing the mouth rinses I recommend twice a day (in the correct order) and having sufficient xylitol each day.
For maximum benefit from xylitol I am recommending Zellies mints or gum after meals – and in addition sip a glass of water each morning that contains one teaspoon of xylitol in it. Mix the xylitol into the 8-10 oz of water and then sip it during the morning. You will definitely not allow disease to get worse – and may repair this problem – and avoid a filling.
I guess the next question to ask yourself “how bad is a filling” – My advice – avoid them if you can.
Hope this helps,