Dear Dr. Ellie,
I have heard a little about xylitol. Can you tell me about some of the benefits for my teeth?
Francis M. Penfield, NY
Dear Francis there are many benefits of Xylitol, both for the teeth and mouth and your overall health. Xylitol will protect teeth from decay when it is eaten immediately after meals, snacks, and drinks. If children eat Xylitol while their teeth are coming in, it will give them long-term protection for their new teeth.
- Xylitol protects your teeth, preventing cavities.
- Xylitol will reduce plaque.
- Xylitol helps a dry mouth.
- Studies have shown that xylitol can help prevent ear infections in children.
- Xylitol helps denture sore mouths and soreness at the corners of the mouth.
- Xylitol has a low glycemic index and may help control sugar cravings.
For more information and products go to www.zellies.com
To ASK ELLIE, please comment here